Christmas is always a busy time of the year and many of us enjoy a holiday even if only for a weekend. There are some important checks that you should do before heading off on your break to ensure the safety of your family.
– Check under the bonnet and top up everything as needed: power steering fluid, windscreen washer fluid, engine oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, radiator coolant, etc. If you don’t know how to do this, might be best to drop past a service centre for a quick fill
– Make sure your windscreen wiper blades work well, leaving no streaks on the glass. Replace them if unsure. You can buy windscreen wiper at any automotive store and they will have a manual to tell you which ones to purchase for your particular car’s make and model
– Check on the car battery for corrosion, and cleanliness
– Check that all lights are all working – dashboard, turn signals, headlamps, high beams, hazard lights, etc
– If towing, check the electrical connectors and make sure that all lights and brakes on the vehicle that you will be towing are working well
– Make sure all of your tyres are wearing well and that they are pumped up to the manufacturer’s tyre pressure level. This includes any spare tyres
– If you have child seats, check that they secured properly and cleaned. Seats may wiggle lose over time so it’s always a good idea to check them
– Get your car serviced and checked by an authorised service centre a few weeks before you head off. It’s always best to get a professionals opinion and your car is no different
– Many forget but wash your car before heading off. This will ensure all windows are clean and clear giving you the best visibility for driving
– Ensure you have emergency gear in your car such as road reflectors, torches and water…just in case
We would love to see your holiday snaps, especially with your packaged car. Let’s see how far our cars travel this year.